Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recently joined WW and have been on the hunt for savory, satisfying, DELICIOUS meals.... I whipped this up tonight and this sauce fits the bill. Serve over whole wheat pasta and you'll have a delish, quick meal that won't pack on the pounds. ZERO points per serving!!!! Add a cup of whole wheat pasta for only THREE points (wowwweeeee!!!!) and you have a super tasty meal. Enjoy!!
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, in juices
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 large white onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- salt and pepper
- Sautee garlic and onion and garlic in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat for 2-5 minutes (until soft).
- Add additional 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and mushrooms and sautee for another 5 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
- Add additional ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite style whole wheat pasta.
Quick, easy and delicious. I made this and tossed it with gluten free penne. This is one I will have to remember again.