Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a thin thighs book by Karen Burke, not half bad for low-fat!
- 225 g whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 500 ml applesauce, unsweetened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 120 g blueberries
- Mix flour & baking soda with enough milk to make a smooth consistency.
- Mix in the applesauce & cinnamon.
- Add blueberries & stir to distribute evenly.
- Cook in a non-stick pan until edges are dry-looking, flip and cook until golden.
VERY, VERY NICE PANCAKES! I used a slightly chunky homemade applesauce & followed the recipe right on down! I was going to keep tract of the amount of milk I used, & then totally forgot as I whipped these up! Thanks for A GREAT BREAKFAST TREAT! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices tag]
We enjoyed these pancakces but I doubled the recipe and it was WAY more than enough (35 medium sized pancakes). It was difficult to decide how much milk to use so I added one cup of milk for the original recipe and it mixed up like a very thick pancake mix and then added the applesauce. That seemed to do the trick.
My kids couldn't have enough of these! I thought they were a bit thin but that could have been my mistake. I'll add a bit more flour next time to compensate for my thin applesauce (homemade). This will definitely be a repeat. Thanks for posting!