Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have adopted this recipe as I have made it quite often, Original into: Made this up one day and it is so good I thought I would post it. I marinated my halibut for 2 hours in Mariel's Amazing Salad Dressing Mariel's Amazing Salad Dressing - this is optional.
- 1 lb halibut fillets, skin removed or 1 lb another white fish fillet, your choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 green cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- guacamole (see Chunky Guacamole)
- salsa (see Salsa Fresca Salsa Fresca)
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed (see Corn Tortillas)
- Make the cabbage slaw: chiffonade cabbage, add onion, cucumber and cilantro; squeeze juice of 1 lime over the top and toss; add salt and pepper to taste; let sit at room for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a non-stick oven proof pan over medium heat, add olive oil, add halibut and brown on one side, turn halibut over and put pan in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until halibut is flakey and cooked through.
- To serve: flake cooked halibut into a bowl and serve with warmed corn tortillas and the bowls of the cabbage slaw, guacamole and salsa.
This recipe is just awesome, we've literally had it once a week since I found it. On WW it's 2 points per taco made as shown (without guac). I use any whitefish on sale, and scallions vs onions as the onions were a little strong. Very important to marinade the fish or use a dry rub. Keep extra lime wedges to squeeze on each taco. Delish!
I forgot to rate this recipe before! It is awsome!! I use Tilapia and seasoned with fresh lime juice and Old Bay Seas.. Cooked in the skillet only. I used flour tortillas,because we do not corn tortillas. These are awsome. Thanks for posting.
Made this with Tilapia seared it with EVO salt and pepper and baked as directed in the recipie the fish came out perfect. I made a Recipe #18942 and spread it on the tortillas then added the fish, topped with cabbage slaw, my homemade salsa. I only had 1 small avacado, not enough for guacomle so i just sliced it up and topped the taco off with it. Thank U so much for this recipie it is definately a keeper!!