I have adopted this recipe as I have made it quite often, Original into: Made this up one day and it is so good I thought I would post it. I marinated my halibut for 2 hours in Mariel's Amazing Salad Dressing Mariel's Amazing Salad Dressing - this is optional.
- 1 lb halibut fillets, skin removed or 1 lb another white fish fillet, your choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 green cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- guacamole (see Chunky Guacamole)
- salsa (see Salsa Fresca Salsa Fresca)
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed (see Corn Tortillas)
- Make the cabbage slaw: chiffonade cabbage, add onion, cucumber and cilantro; squeeze juice of 1 lime over the top and toss; add salt and pepper to taste; let sit at room for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a non-stick oven proof pan over medium heat, add olive oil, add halibut and brown on one side, turn halibut over and put pan in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until halibut is flakey and cooked through.
- To serve: flake cooked halibut into a bowl and serve with warmed corn tortillas and the bowls of the cabbage slaw, guacamole and salsa.