Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a wonderfully light dessert, perfect for the summer months. (I found this from "Taste of Home.")
- 8 ounces unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup. Set pineapple aside.
- Add enough water to juice to measure 1.5 cups; transfer to a suacepan.
- Whisk in the pudding mix and gelatin until combined.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in pineapple. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minute
- Add the strawberries; toss gently to coat.
- Pour into crust. Refrigerate until set; about three hours.
- Garnish each piece with 1 tablespoons whipped topping.
This was good for being a low fat dessert. Our company enjoyed it too. Thanks for sharing!