Will Price's Note:
This is so easy to make and is a great light lunch to make in advance..its also quite versatile..you can add or substitute just about anything after the eggs and cheese This makes a good meal with a mesculin salad with mustard vinegarette..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the tart
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese (use fat free, light or full fat, approx a container and a half)
- 2 eggs (egg whites or egg beaters can be substituted)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme or 1/2 teaspoon other herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- cooking spray, for the pan
For the Tomato Topping
- 1preheat oven to 350.
- 2For the Tomatoes:.
- 3Chop tomatoes and toss with oil and salt.
- 4spread in one layer on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- 5bake in oven for 30-40 minutes until dried and roasted. let cool.
- 6For the Tart:.
- 7mix all ingredients together.add salt and pepper last to taste.
- 8spread evenly in an 8" to 9" springform pan.
- 9bake in 350 oven for 30-35 minutes. Tart will be dry on top but not brown. It will rise only slightly. insert a knife to make sure it is not too moist inside. it should be fairly dry.
- 10Take out of pan and let cool slightly. eat warm or at room temperature serve with tomatoes on top or on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light and Versatile Ricotta Tart With Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.0
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 196.0 mg
- Sodium 1060.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of