Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so easy to make and is a great light lunch to make in advance..its also quite versatile..you can add or substitute just about anything after the eggs and cheese This makes a good meal with a mesculin salad with mustard vinegarette..
For the tart
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese (use fat free, light or full fat, approx a container and a half)
- 2 eggs (egg whites or egg beaters can be substituted)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon other herbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- cooking spray, for the pan
For the Tomato Topping
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, cut coarsely in quarters (cherry or grape size work best)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- preheat oven to 350.
- For the Tomatoes:.
- Chop tomatoes and toss with oil and salt.
- spread in one layer on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- bake in oven for 30-40 minutes until dried and roasted. let cool.
- For the Tart:.
- mix all ingredients together.add salt and pepper last to taste.
- spread evenly in an 8" to 9" springform pan.
- bake in 350 oven for 30-35 minutes. Tart will be dry on top but not brown. It will rise only slightly. insert a knife to make sure it is not too moist inside. it should be fairly dry.
- Take out of pan and let cool slightly. eat warm or at room temperature serve with tomatoes on top or on the side.