Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
This is another attempt at me trying to find low fat and low calories 'treats' that also pack a bit of flavor. I am a pickles freak so I would pretty much be happy with any cucumber and vinegar combo but I especially like these when I want a more delicate flavor. They are good as a side with dishes like salmon or I even sometimes just put a few on a sandwich when I want some zest without any fat. I make this with Splenda because I really don't want the sugar as I am counting fat and calories.
Top Review by berniceg11perlas
I am not a real fan of vinegar but I made this today and I really like it. I don't really like cucumber either but it was half price in the supermarket and I can't walk past a barging! I am very glad that I tried this recipie Thankyou
- 13 ounces cucumbers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the cucumber into really thin slices. I use my food processor to do this and it just takes a few seconds.
- In a bowl combine the white vinegar, Splenda, garlic and dill and just stir until the Splenda is dissolved.
- Pour wet mixture over the cucumber slices and stir so that the mixture has coated all of the slices.
- You can eat right away but they are much better if you put them in an air tight container and chill them in the fridge for a few hours (I do them overnight).