Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Since I first posted this, I made it. As my English daughter-n-law says - bootiful! Just bootiful! It is superbly rich and I would halve it the next time I make it. I also served it with vanilla ice cream as it was too much to eat a bowlful on its own. It is delicious.
- 2 lemons
- 3 egg whites
- 100 g caster sugar
- 900 ml double cream
- 90 ml lemon curd
- cape gooseberries, to serve (optional)
- Cut half a lemon into slices. Cut each slice into quarter segments, brush them all over with a little of the egg white and coast in 25g of the caster sugar. Reserve.
- Finely grate the rind and squeeze the juice of the remaining 1 1/2 lemons. Add to the double cream, then whisk the mixture until it forms soft peaks.
- Whisk remaining eggs whites until stiff, whisk in remaining caster sugar.
- Fold egg whites into lemon flavoured cream then very gently fold in 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of the lemon curd, using a metal spoon.
- Spoon into a serving dish and then decorate with drizzles of the remaining lemon curd and the sugar-coated pieces of lemon. Serve with cape gooseberries, if desired.