1/1 Photo of Light and Tangy Chicken and Feta Salad
Angela Dawn's Note:
This is my staple food lately. I make it almost every day and it's so filling and good. It's low carb, high protein and VERY flavorful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce (Bagged, cleaned and torn into pieces)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach (bagged already cleaned)
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, chopped in large chunks
- 1/2 cup raw zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 ounce reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1Coat small skillet with non-fat cooking spray.
- 2Place chicken into heated pan and lightly sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Brown on both sides for about 4 minutes each on med-High heat.
- 3Pour lemon juice and water over chicken. Let cook covered on Med heat for 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from pan and cut into bite size pieces.
- 4In a Med salad bowl combined your olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard and red pepper flakes. Whisk together until incorperated.
- 5Add romaine, spinach, cucumber and zucchini. Toss with the dressing on the bottom of the bowl until coated. Finely crumble feta over the top.
- 6Add warm chicken to salad just before serving.
- 7Add fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt over top to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light and Tangy Chicken and Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.7
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 125.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese