Recipe by graniteangel
This is my staple food lately. I make it almost every day and it's so filling and good. It's low carb, high protein and VERY flavorful!
- 4 ounces chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce (Bagged, cleaned and torn into pieces)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach (bagged already cleaned)
- 1⁄2 cup English cucumber, chopped in large chunks
- 1⁄2 cup raw zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 ounce reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat small skillet with non-fat cooking spray.
- Place chicken into heated pan and lightly sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Brown on both sides for about 4 minutes each on med-High heat.
- Pour lemon juice and water over chicken. Let cook covered on Med heat for 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from pan and cut into bite size pieces.
- In a Med salad bowl combined your olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard and red pepper flakes. Whisk together until incorperated.
- Add romaine, spinach, cucumber and zucchini. Toss with the dressing on the bottom of the bowl until coated. Finely crumble feta over the top.
- Add warm chicken to salad just before serving.
- Add fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt over top to taste.