Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are so light and delicious, they give a new spin to traditional pumpkin pie! These are great to bring to potlucks and parties. They are a real eye catcher with a dollop of whipped cream on top. The batter can also be poured into a 9 inch pie shell rather than the tart shells.
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin (398 ml)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 36 frozen tart shells (2 inch size)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients gently with a spatula.
- Spoon batter into tart shells and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheet onto cooling racks. Enjoy!
Excellent recipe. This is the first time I've made a sweet dish with pumpkin, so was very nervous about the task. I too took the trays out of the oven after 20 minutes as the pastry started to go very brown and the centre looked cooked. (I used store bought pastry.) Thanks a great one to use again.
Delicious! This recipe is absolutely perfect - nice & spicy & smooth & rich! Very easy to make. I only baked for about 20 minutes at 350 because my homemade crust was starting to get really brown. I made these last week to enter in the county fair & I only place 3rd in the "any other variety" tarts category - I definitely should have won first ;)
Easily my favorite recipe that I have tried from recipezaar! I am Celiac and have not had pumpkin pie in two years until I tried this! I have made both tarts and pies with this recipe, and I've had compliments everytime I've made it.