Recipe by jennifer in new jersey
A very simple and quick dish that allows for a tasty and healthy meal. This is a great recipe for a foundation to make any changes. Im always pressed for time, but I still get to eat well with this. Good tuna (if tuna is what you choose to use) is a must for this recipe. Otherwise it tastes fishy. If using regular tomatoes rather than the sundried; be sure to use ripe. The olive oil measurement is a guess as I usually just put in what i feel will allow the pasta and other ingredients be coated just enough.
- 3 cups bow tie pasta (any pasta is fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (i use light)
- 1 (4 ounce) cangood white chunk tuna, drained
- 5 basil leaves, washed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shaved asiago cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Take all ingredients except for the pasta, place in a bowl and stir.
- Let that sit while you boil the pasta according to directions on the box.
- When pasta is done; drain and pour into bowl with the other ingredients. Toss well.
- I usually serve with very good bread.
- I have even eaten this cold and it is good. (IMO).