Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
I found this little gem in a 20 minutes or less Cooking Light mag and best of all it has no sour cream! This is so easy to make and it really takes no time at all... perfect for weeknights. Just add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for heat. As is, this is kid friendly and the paprika is not overwhelming! Try, and enjoy! This is best served over hot egg noodles. Make sure you toss the egg noodles with butter, pepper, and caraway seeds! Delish :)
Top Review by lolablitz
We love chicken paprikash and I was looking for a quick lighter version to make. This was quick and easy but I didn't like the tomatoes in this version. They overpowered the other flavors and made it taste like a tomato sauce instead of the paprikash. It would be a great recipe for someone who loves tomato pasta sauces.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced (can use bottled or fresh garlic)
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Stir in cream and remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce is slightly thick.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve over hot egg noodles.