1/1 Photo of Light and Luscious Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
A delicious way to enjoy cabbage! From Better Homes and Gardens: Family Favorites Made Lighter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cabbage leaves
- 12 ounces 90% lean ground beef or 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1Immerse 4 cabbage leaves at a time into boiling water for 3 minutes or until limp.
- 2Drain on paper towels.
- 3In large skillet cook meat, onions, and garlic until meat is browned.
- 4Drain and stir in water, undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon oregano, and pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- 6Place 1/3 cup meat mixture onto each cabbage leaf and fold in sides.
- 7Roll up starting at an unfolded edge and make sure folded sides are included in roll.
- 8In a small bowl mix tomato sauce, sugar, basil, and salt.
- 9Pour half of it on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- 10Place rolls in dish and pour remaining sauce on top.
- 11Bake covered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 12Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light and Luscious Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.7 mg
- Sodium 877.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 21.6 g