Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A light but rich version of a delightful side dish. I created this dish after enjoying mashed potatoes at my friends house and finding out she used two sticks of butter to achieve the rich flavor. Great to go with Thanksgiving dinner, with fewer calories and fat than regular mashed potatoes you can have more dessert.
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons butter substitute (like Molly McButter)
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in large saucepan.
- Cover potatoes with water and boil till fork tender and ready to mash.
- Mash potatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir till just incorporated.
- Taste and add more of any ingredient as you like.