1/1 Photo of Light and Luscious Chicken Enchillida Casserole
Aunt Yaya's Note:
This easy-to-make casserole is rich, cheesy and best of al it's LOW FAT! This is one you can assemble the night before and pop in the oven for a quick and nourishing dinner that even the children will enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 8 small low-fat corn tortillas, torn into small pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl combine cooked shredded chicken, and all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT 1/2 cup of the cheese (I use Kraft FREE because it melts well and tastes great). Pour into a 8 by 12 inch oblong baking dish that has been sprayed with a buttery flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle the 1/2 cup cheese over the top.
- 3Cover with foil that has also been sprayed on the "inside" with the buttery spray.
- 4Bake for 50 minutes.
- 5Serve with a light sour cream and a side salad if desired.
- 6If prepared the night before, let the casserole take a spin in the microwave for 3 minutes before baking (to knock off the chill safely).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light and Luscious Chicken Enchillida Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 724.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
low-fat cream of mushroom soup
low-fat corn tortillas