Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
These delicious cookies will remind you of the fancy ones you find in a bakery. The great thing about these cookies are they have much less fat and calories but so much wonderful, rich taste. They are beautiful too!
for the cookies
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey, use a good quality for the best taste
- 3 tablespoons light butter
- 2 tablespoons instant oats
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda, make sure it's fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 tablespoons milk or 10 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; have a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a heavy duty small to medium saucepan, place the sugars along with the butter and on a medium heat; mix with a wire whisk or rubber spatula until all is smooth and melted. Then add the honey and stir again.
- Now add the flour and the baking soda along with the pinch of salt and mix again.
- Take off the heat and add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Using a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon, place the batter on the cookie sheet. (They spread out, so space them).
- You should have enough batter for about 36 cookies. Bake each cookie sheet one at a time for best results. Bake for about 7 minutes and turn the pan around after about 3 minutes.
- The cookies should look golden brown but not burnt.
- Take out of the oven and place on cooling rack. The cookies will start to crisp up after they cool completely.
- When all the cookies are cooled. Take the chips and melt them in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. Start with 30 seconds, take out, stir and place back in for another 20 seconds until the chocolate is nice and smooth.
- With a butter knife or small metal spatula, spread the chocolate on a cookie and find a matching size and shape to make a sandwich. Press very gently and keep doing this until all the cookies are done. You should have enough chocolate for all 18 sandwiches.
Another great recipe. Made them for Mother's Day. They came out perfect. I added white chocolate in the middle of some of them.