Recipe by skinnysweetsdaily
These delicious cookies will remind you of the fancy ones you find in a bakery. The great thing about these cookies are they have much less fat and calories but so much wonderful, rich taste. They are beautiful too!
for the cookies
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey, use a good quality for the best taste
- 3 tablespoons light butter
- 2 tablespoons instant oats
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda, make sure it's fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 tablespoons milk or 10 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; have a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a heavy duty small to medium saucepan, place the sugars along with the butter and on a medium heat; mix with a wire whisk or rubber spatula until all is smooth and melted. Then add the honey and stir again.
- Now add the flour and the baking soda along with the pinch of salt and mix again.
- Take off the heat and add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Using a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon, place the batter on the cookie sheet. (They spread out, so space them).
- You should have enough batter for about 36 cookies. Bake each cookie sheet one at a time for best results. Bake for about 7 minutes and turn the pan around after about 3 minutes.
- The cookies should look golden brown but not burnt.
- Take out of the oven and place on cooling rack. The cookies will start to crisp up after they cool completely.
- When all the cookies are cooled. Take the chips and melt them in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. Start with 30 seconds, take out, stir and place back in for another 20 seconds until the chocolate is nice and smooth.
- With a butter knife or small metal spatula, spread the chocolate on a cookie and find a matching size and shape to make a sandwich. Press very gently and keep doing this until all the cookies are done. You should have enough chocolate for all 18 sandwiches.