Recipe by LAURIE
DD#2 needed a quick, light "something" to take to a picnic an hour after she got home from work. I remembered reading a salad recipe with a package of pudding added so I opened the cupboard and started draining and dumping. She came home with an empty bowl and requested I make more for home. That's a good sign I think! (Cooking time is for refrigeration)
Top Review by SouthernCookinChef
UPDATE: I made this again using off-brand pineapple that had more juice and less pineapple, and it was HORRIBLE. Runny and tasteless. You MUST use Dole pineapple chunks in HEAVY SYRUP and dry the cherries and mandarin orange slices thoroughly or this won't be a good recipe.<br/>Original review: This is heavenly! Everyone LOVED it! The bowl was scraped clean! I will quadruple this recipe next time for a crowd. It is my new favorite fruit salad....DELICIOUS! I used the pineapple chunks in heavy syrup which made a difference, I think.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, halved,drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (21 ounce) can chunk pineapple, do not drain
- 1 (12 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- In serving bowl, dump can of undrained pineapple.
- Pour pudding mix over and mix into juices.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to slightly set.
- Meanwhile drain oranges and cherries, patting dry if necessary.
- Mix into pineapple mixture along with marshmallows.
- Gently fold in cool whip.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.