Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Between fasting and feasting is one long solemn day, at the end of which, you can have it all. "Eat wisely" is what I'd say! This is a unique starter for Iftar(the breaking of the day long Ramadan fast). From the Weekend magazine.
- 100 g dandelion flowers (Hindbeh)
- 40 g white onions
- 10 g garlic
- 20 ml olive oil
- 20 ml corn oil
- 1 g white pepper
- 2 g salt
- 4 slices onions, rings,crisp fried until golden brown
- Boil the dandelion in water in a pot.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Toss in the garlic and onion and stir-fry until the raw smell of garlic is gone and the onion is light brown in colour.
- Add the boiled dandelion and stir-dry till dry.
- Transfer into a serving plate.
- Serve topped with golden brown crisp fried onion rings.