Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is wonderful! it rises nicely and isn't too heavy.
Make and share this Light and Healthy 100% Whole Wheat Bread recipe from Food.com.
- combine all ingredients and mix.
- knead for about 15 minutes.
- place in bowl sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray.
- cover with hot damp kitchen towel and let rise for about 2 hours.
- shape in loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray and cover as above.
- let rise for 1-2 hours.
- bake 350 for 30-40 minute until top is nicely browned.
My wife and I had to look through a ton of bread recipes to find one with instructions for making it by hand (we don't have a bread maker and don't want one). This recipe is simple, has no oil or dairy (we just used a non-stick bread pan, and not spraying the kneading bowl didn't cause any problems), and it tastes great! This is now in our permanent recipe list.
Bread has a great flavor and texture, but it tops out of a two pound bread machine. Ideal if you are baking by hand, but I don't have the time.