Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was craving the delicious tuna my mom used to make using a product from the 70's & 80's called Tuna Twist. I have no idea what was in it, but just thinking back on how it tasted I chose a few likely ingredients and came up with a light, fresh tasting method for making tuna salad. All measurements are approximate, as i just kinda threw it together. I can't say it tastes exactly like Tuna Twist, but it tastes pretty darned good and isn't full of MSG (which I'm sure Tuna Twist was !) Feel free to substitute as needed to suit your own tastes, but I figured it was best if I posted it exactly as I made it.
- 1 (5 ounce) can solid white tuna
- 1 (5 ounce) can chunk light tuna
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (regular or low fat)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Chill for a few hours if possible before using for sandwiches so the celery, onions and parsley will come to full flavor.