Recipe by Cupidforevr
Light and delicious pasta which can be eaten hot or cold
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Since I really like mozzarella, & it's sometimes difficult to find the very small balls of it, I used a very mounded 1/2 cup measure of my latest batch just for this recipe! OUTSTANDING combo of the cheese & tomatoes, & just the right amount of spices to suit us! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
- 1⁄2 lb fusilli
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mozzarella ball
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate for at least an hour the mozzarella balls in 1 tbs of olive oil and parsley and 1 tsp salt and pepper.
- After water has boiled place 1/2 lb of Fusilli pasta for 12 minutes if desire is al dente.
- While pasta is in boiling water cut cherry tomatos into bite size, if tomatoes are too small, leave in one piece. Add 1 tbs of olive oil and 1 tsp of salt and marinate outside of refrigerator. (Salt is so tomatoes won't lose their juice).
- Cut basil leaves into bite size pieces if leaves are large.
- Once pasta is done, drain the water and let cool for a minute
- Place pasta in serving container and mix cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella balls.
- Serve and enjoy.