Recipe by Steph M.
I've been experimenting with recipes I've found online and in cookbooks when I came upon this DELICIOUSLY MOUTH WATERING recipe while searching for a better breakfast to feed my extremely picky family. My mother actually loves them which is amazing because she doesn't like anything vegan. They are super light and fluffy, not to forget extremely quick and easy to make. I am 100% positive you'll enjoy them as much as we do. :)
- 1 cup flour (I usually use white)
- 1 cup coconut milk (I've used both. There is no difference in flavour) or 1 cup water (I've used both. There is no difference in flavour)
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use peanut oil)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (or more to taste. You may add the cinnamon to the mix or sprinkle directly over the cake as it cooks)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1 Dump all the ingredients in a large enough bowl and mix till smooth.
- 2 Heat the stove.
- 3 For perfectly equal sized cakes, I use 1/4 measuring cup.
- 4 Once the edges are perfectly browned and cooked about 1/2 inch inward; flip the cake.
- 5 Repeat till the batter is used up or seal into airtight container and save for another day.
- 6 Enjoy!