Recipe by the80srule
Feel free to add some dried fruit, baking chips, or chopped nuts. Almond and coconut milks also make nice vegan smoothers for scones.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or whole wheat pastry flour for soft scones)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and the wet ingredients in another.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix well but do not overmix-- it's okay if it's a little dry, but add some more soymilk if mix is still left.
- Roll out pieces of the dough onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, you'll get about 8-12 scones.
- Bake at 400F for about 15 minutes or until the tops are firm.