Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I know that the description is a bit of a misnomer, but that is what it is. This cake has a light taste. It is not too sweet, but it has plenty of sugar. It is not as dense as most pound cakes.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup Crisco
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, cream cheese, and salt together.
- Beat in each egg one at a time. Add the flavors.
- Combine the flour mixture to the wet mixture.
- Finally add the buttermilk.
- Bake in a loaf pan for 50 minutes.