Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my absolute favorite recipe for pancakes. Truly delicious, simple and healthful. Enjoy! The yield is for large pancakes, if you like them small or medium you will get 8-10.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites (beaten fluffy)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted gently)
- Mix the dry items first.
- Beat the egg and egg white until nice and fluffy.
- Combine the eggs and melted butter to the milk and slowly stir in the flour.
- Let sit at least 5-6 minutes while heating the pan.
- These will be high, but light and fluffy.
Delicious flavor, I used brown sugar instead of white, and used honey for "syrup." These are a very satisfying pancake - 2 medium pancakes filled me up! Thanks for posting!!! Made for 2009 Spring Pac
This recipe is great! They are fluffy! I made some changes though to make it a bit healthier. I skipped the butter and used applesauce instead. I also halved the sugar. I put blueberries in the first time I made them and dark chocolate chips in the second. They were delicious. This is now my go to pancake recipe.
Great recipe! I substituted whole wheat (ww) flour for the ww pastry flour and added 1 teaspoon vanilla. They turned out perfect. Next time, I will add some mashed bananas to the recipe. Thanks!