Recipe by skeptic777
If you like biscuits, I am sure you will like this one. I can't tell you how many batches I baked to come up with this recipe. I wanted to make a light, fluffy biscuit that didn't choke you on the way down and I finally achieved my goal. They are great with gravy.
Top Review by natastoppin
So good! Came out fluffy, although I thought they were going to be heavy because of the dough weight. But I took my first bite and had to look at the biscuit I just bit in to like, "I made this?!" LOL Sooooo happy I tried this recipe, will definitely use it again. May never buy biscuits again.....
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. in your mixer bowl, cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- beat eggs and milk with fork and mix with dry ingredients.
- mix lightly then turn onto a well floured surface. the dough will be moist so you will have to spinkle with a little flour. knead 20 times.
- roll to 3/4 in thick. cut with biscuit cutter and place on lightly greased baking sheet so they are touching each other. brush top with butter or margarin.
- bake in 450 degree preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
- remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes then place on cooling rack. . ã€€.