If you like biscuits, I am sure you will like this one. I can't tell you how many batches I baked to come up with this recipe. I wanted to make a light, fluffy biscuit that didn't choke you on the way down and I finally achieved my goal. They are great with gravy.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. in your mixer bowl, cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- beat eggs and milk with fork and mix with dry ingredients.
- mix lightly then turn onto a well floured surface. the dough will be moist so you will have to spinkle with a little flour. knead 20 times.
- roll to 3/4 in thick. cut with biscuit cutter and place on lightly greased baking sheet so they are touching each other. brush top with butter or margarin.
- bake in 450 degree preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
- remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes then place on cooling rack. . ã€€.