1/2 Photos of Light and Fluffy Biscuits
If you like biscuits, I am sure you will like this one. I can't tell you how many batches I baked to come up with this recipe. I wanted to make a light, fluffy biscuit that didn't choke you on the way down and I finally achieved my goal. They are great with gravy.
My Private Note
24 BISC ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. in your mixer bowl, cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2beat eggs and milk with fork and mix with dry ingredients.
- 3mix lightly then turn onto a well floured surface. the dough will be moist so you will have to spinkle with a little flour. knead 20 times.
- 4roll to 3/4 in thick. cut with biscuit cutter and place on lightly greased baking sheet so they are touching each other. brush top with butter or margarin.
- 5bake in 450 degree preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
- 6remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes then place on cooling rack. . ã€€.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light and Fluffy Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 579.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g