Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An adaptation of a recipe from Cooking Light. This was fast, tasty, and filling. We also had great leftovers for lunch the next day. This makes a great light supper when served with salad and bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced deli turkey breast
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti noodles
- 2 ounces diced pimentos
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat,saute Turkey and onion together@ 3 minutes.
- Stir in water, soup and cheese.
- Reduce heat and stir until cheese melts and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Place cooked pasta in a large bowl and toss with cheese and vegetable mixture.
- May sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
I would give this recipe 10 stars if I could, it was fantastic. I added a can of drained mushrooms, a little more spaghetti than it called for and a full 4 oz jar of pimentos.