Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of USA Pears. 2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur may be substituted.
- 2 Anjou pears, cored, and thinly sliced or 2 bosc pears, pared cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 cups coarsely chopped strawberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 9 inches angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups vanilla yogurt or 3 cups lemon yogurt
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple or 1 cup canned pineapple
- pear, slices and
- mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss pears in lemon juice and strawberries in extract or liqueur.
- Combine orange juice and honey, mix well.
- Layer a deep 2-2 1/2 quart glass bowl in the following order: 1/3 cup of cake sprinkled with 1 tablespoon orange juice mixture, 1 cup yogurt, 1 cup pear slices, 1 cup strawberries, and 1/2 cup pineapple; repeat.
- Layer remaining cake, sprinkle with remaining orange juice mixture and spread 1 cup yogurt over top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with pears slices and mint just before serving.