Recipe by Dawn
Some recipes make you go HHMMM!?? Luckily I tried this and it made us go YUM! This isn't the normal combo you'd see on a sandwich, but very tasty! They are quick, easy, and lo cal. Another delight from Cooking Light.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
These were easy to fix and looked very beautiful when prepared - especially with the powdered sugar dusted over the top and the bit of jam. I really thought I would love this recipe as I like all of the ingredients very much and it was an interesting sounding combination. Unfortunately, the flavor of the ingredients all together just didn't taste right to me - I really didn't like taste of the honey mustard with the powdered sugar and the jam all on the same ham & cheese sandwich. I don't think I would make this again. I am sorry-perhaps this will suit someone else's tastes better.
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced smoked ham
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam or 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Assemble sandwiches: Spread 1 tsp mustard over each bread slice.
- Place 1 slice of cheese over 4 slices of bread.
- Divide ham among sandwiches.
- Cover with remaining bread slices.
- Mix egg whites and milk together in a shallow bowl.
- Spray a cooking skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat or you may use an electric skillet.
- Dip both sides of sandwiches into milk & egg mixture.
- Cook sandwiches in skillet until lightly browned on each side, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle top of sandwiches with powdered sugar and top each one with jam.