1/1 Photo of Light and Easy Garlic Potatoes Kafka
It doesn't get easier or more delicious to eat a reasonably healthy potato side dish from Barbara Kafka. This comes from her "Microwave Healthstyle Gourmet" book --published in 1989, I've been making it ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat.
- 3Cover with either tightly fitting lid or plastic wrap. (Note: I prefer using the plastic wrap, fitted tightly. Do NOT pierce plastic wrap to vent -- the wrap will end up doming during heating, this is a good thing.).
- 4Cook at 100% for approximately 8 minutes, 1000 watt oven, or until potatoes are tender. (Microwave cooking is terribly easy, once you get the feel for how cooking times play out in your own oven.).
- 5If using plastic wrap, prick to release steam. (Please be careful, there is a lot of steam. Don't get a steam burn!).
- 6Voila! Yum!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light and Easy Garlic Potatoes Kafka
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 298.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g