Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a very good cake with no added butter or oil. A good way to use up those holiday cranberries without the holiday guilt.
Top Review by Pardeemom
This was just the dessert we were looking for! DH loved it, it reminded him of shortcake. I did add 1 t. vanilla extract just because I thought it needed it with the simple list of ingredients. I'm going to try this recipe with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries on top. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat baking mix
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine baking mix, 4 Tablespoons or 1/4 cup sugar, egg and milk just until blended.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 8-in round baking pan.
- In a small bowl, toss cranberries with remaining sugar; spoon evenly over batter.
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack; remove from pan and cut into wedges.