Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very good cake with no added butter or oil. A good way to use up those holiday cranberries without the holiday guilt.
- In a bowl, combine baking mix, 4 Tablespoons or 1/4 cup sugar, egg and milk just until blended.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 8-in round baking pan.
- In a small bowl, toss cranberries with remaining sugar; spoon evenly over batter.
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack; remove from pan and cut into wedges.
This was just the dessert we were looking for! DH loved it, it reminded him of shortcake. I did add 1 t. vanilla extract just because I thought it needed it with the simple list of ingredients. I'm going to try this recipe with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries on top. Thanks!