Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
A filling, delicious meal that is healthy and a crowd pleaser. A perfect contender for your next chili cook-off!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pineapple salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced stewed tomatoes (, undrained)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan with medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic,and bell peppers.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, chili powder, cumin, salt, and sugar.
- Cook another 5-8 minutes, stirring to break up chicken.
- Add tomatoes, pineapple salsa, and beans.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- This can be served immediately, or if you want to make is ahead of time, it can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Very good. Was a little bland for my taste but DH likes it that way and I just added some hot sauce. I couldn't find pineapple salsa so used cranberry orange salsa and only had dried cilantro leaves. Made for 2013 Spring Safari PAC.