Recipe by MamaJ
I found this recipe in a pampered chef cookbook called, "It's Good For You!" This light version of a normally high fat entree is creamy and delicious and doesn't taste like "diet food". Give it a try, you will be glad you did. * According to the cookbook it has 300 calories and 8 g. of fat per serving.
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- additional parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tails from shrimp.
- Chop carrots, tomatoes, and onions.
- Cook pasta and keep warm.
- In large saute pan, heat oil and add shrimp, carrots and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until shrimp turns pink. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Gently heat sour cream and milk in same pan over low heat, stirring constantly--DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Add shrimp mixture, tomatoes, green onions, basil, salt and pepper.
- Mix gently and add to pasta.
- Add additional Parmesan cheese if desired.