Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From "The Best of Pancake & Waffle Recipes" by Beatrice Ojakangas, a popular waffle recipe at my house.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Lightly spray waffle iron, and preheat.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Beat egg whites until stiff (I usually use a whisk until they're fluffy).
- In another medium bowl, beat yolks; add milk and oil and gently stir to combine.
- Add yolk mixture to dry ingredients, blending well.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Bake 1/3 - 1/2 cup batter for each waffle, depending on the size of the waffle iron.
- Serve hot (wonderful with strawberries and pure maple syrup).
These are wonderful! They really are light and fairly crispy, which is what we were looking for. I did add some vanillas, cinnamon, and extra sugar and we were really happy with the flavor. Thanks so much for an easy and tasty waffle recipe. :)
I just got a new waffle iron and have been testing recipes out from recipezaar, this is the one we like best so far. The are crispy and light and a cinch to whip together. I did not beat the whites separately but just whirled to eggs around in my blender till they were fluffy. I added a bit more sugar about 2T and about 2t. of vanilla to the batter. Thanks for the great recipe.