8 hrs 15 mins
I had never been satisfied with the waffles that I had made, I had only tried non-sourdough waffles previously and I thought people must just like the novelty of waffles! That was until I found this recipe, it's easy to make and turn out light and crisp. Found on www.breadtopia.com/sourdough-waffles-and-pancakes/, recipe originaly from Nancy Silverton’s Breads from the La Brea Bakery. Note: 8 waffles is the yield from my iron, it make 8 sets of 4 "sweetheart" waffles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter and milk in a pan until the butter is melted and then let cool to room temperature.
- 2Add the milk-butter mixture to the starter, salt, sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl (this needs to be at least double the capacity of the batter). Mix these together to form a thick batter.
- 3Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 8-14 hours. If you do this before going to bed, you’ll have the batter ready for breakfast the next day.
- 4Preheat your waffle iron until hot.
- 5Uncover the batter and whisk in the egg and baking soda.
- 6Pour 1/3 to 3/4 cups of batter on the hot waffle iron and close the lid. Let cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light and Crisp Sourdough Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.4
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 445.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: