Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Most pumpkin pies I taste are too dense for me. This has lots of flavour but the texture is light. A favourite in our family and a much requested recipe from friends.
- 10 inches deep dish pie shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin puree (slightly less if fresh)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 3 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, then the two milks and mix well.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 450’ for 10 minutes and then 350’ for 25-30 minutes until a knife comes out clean.