Recipe by Sharon123
I love fruit salads and there are so many variations! This is so good, with a light creamy topping. Made for RSC#12.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Managed to find some fairly nice strawberries for this recipe & made it pretty much as indicated, although (1) I did top the whole thing with a good sprinkling of sliced strawberries & (2) I added a scant 1/4 cup of dried strawberries along with the preserves! Will be making this one again! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, plus
- 6 -8 fresh strawberries, to garnish salad
- 2 cups fresh cherries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced (or nectarines)
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments (optional)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (similar to soft cream cheese)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste, or sugar substitute such as Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup no-sugar-added strawberry preserves (or jam or spread, also you may try other fruit jams)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups whipped cream (or non dairy whipped topping)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place marscapone cheese, Splenda(sugar substitute), strawberry preserves and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add whipped topping and vanilla and puree until nice and smooth and getting thick.
- In a large bowl, mix fruit lightly together. Place half of the fruit in a large bowl or trifle dish. Spoon half of whipped topping mixture over top, spreading to edges.
- Place remaining fruit on the topping.
- Top with remaining whipped topping mixture almost to edge of bowl.
- Garnish with strawberries.
- Note: If using mandarin oranges, a little of the juice mixed in with topping is good!
- Serve and enjoy!