- 2 cups finely ground unblanched almonds
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 grated lemon, rind of
- 3 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients, including lemon rind.
- Mix well.
- Beat egg whites with fork until lightly foamy.
- Stir in egg whites gradually to make a loose dough.
- Pick up dough by teaspoonful and roll each into ball one inch in diameter.
- Arrange on baking sheet, flattening balls a little.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops seem dry and golden brown.