Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've started making a lighter version recently, these are our favorite.
- 2 cups finely ground unblanched almonds
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 grated lemon, rind of
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients, including lemon rind.
- Mix well.
- Beat egg whites with fork until lightly foamy.
- Stir in egg whites gradually to make a loose dough.
- Pick up dough by teaspoonful and roll each into ball one inch in diameter.
- Arrange on baking sheet, flattening balls a little.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops seem dry and golden brown.
These were lovely - the three of us ate them all whilst watching a film! Will definately make them again - thanks Mirj!