Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted something comforting but, not too high in fat. My kids love this! Serve w/ a salad and bread!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 6 cups cooked linguine
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, freshly chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 -2 cup cooked meat (optional) or 1 -2 cup vegetables (optional)
- Saute garlic in oil, in a sauce pan 1-2 minutes.
- In small bowl mix flour and broth together until there are no lumps. Add to pan and simmer until it thickens.
- Turn off heat. Stir in yogurt, pasta, optional meat/veggies and half of the parsley and half of the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir again and top with remaining parsley and cheese.
- We love this with chicken. I usually serve it with a salad and bread.
I really liked this. I didn't have chicken broth, so used beef and it was still good. I did add mixed vegetables and shrimp. Yum.
What a quick delicious meal that tastes as though I spent lots of time in the kitchen preparing it. I added shrimp sauted in butter with fresh garlic. My husband loved it. I used the sour cream. Next time I plan to try the plain yogurt
Yummy! I made this last night and I actually like it better than the full fat version which for me is just too rich. I will make this a little thicker next time...and there definitely will be a next time! Thanks!