Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Spark Recipes; the World's Largest Healthy Recipes Website
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml skim milk
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, stir together milk, chicken broth, flour, salt and pepper over low heat until smooth and thick.
- Stir into garlic.
- Continue to cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Was very good usually I can't do jar/olive gardens alf sauce (bothers my stomach ) but made this one and it was great! Only reason 4-5 is bc added a pinch/ 1/8 tsp of nutmeg that I seen on Giadas recipe other than that great! And like the other person also added more parm cheese
The sauce was a bit bland so we added more parmesan cheese and it was better. But I like the fact that it doesn't require cream. Thanks SashasMommy :) Made for PAC Fall 2011