Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Goji Berries in traditional Chinese Medicen have been central to wholesome lifestyle for nurturing the body from within with essential antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It's believe that they improve the health of the immune system, eyes and liver in addition to reducing inflammation. I've started growing this super fruit in my garden. They are good in smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt and salads and these Breakfast Bars are another
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup goji berry, dried
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl combine sugars, yogurt, egge whites, oil, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mix and mix well.
- Stir in oats and goji berries.
- Spread dough onto bottom of ungreased 13x9" baking pan.
- Bake 28-32 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered.