Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Look - some men can and some men can't! My husband, despite his best efforts, often used to produce barbecued meat that was either charcoaled to extinction or barely dead. I found this recipe in Annete Human's Microwave Winners. It's saved us from certain death by food poisoning. I produce a platter of this "marinaded chicken" and it's barbecued safely. Tastes good too. The tomato burns easily so the chicken must be watched carefully. It needs overnight marinating.
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken thighs (about 14 thighs and drumsticks) or 1 1⁄2 kg chicken drumsticks (about 14 thighs and drumsticks)
- 1 (410 g) can tomato puree
- 250 ml tomato sauce
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 25 ml soft brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 ml dried sage
- 2 ml dried thyme
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Cut two shallow cuts in the thickest part of each piece of chicken.
- Microwave the rest of the ingredients (except the salt and pepper), uncovered in a deep dish for 10 minutes on 100% power, stirring the marinade occasionally during this time.
- Place the chicken pieces in the marinade and cover the dish with cling film.
- Microwave for 15 minutes on 100% power, stirring the chicken pieces and marinade after 7 minutes. Marinate overnight.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade immedtiaely before barbecuing. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and grill over the coals until done.