Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good snack to take to work to munch on. I found a variation to it in my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.
- 4 cups Chex cereal
- 4 cups cinnamon Life Cereal
- 2 cups pretzel nuggets
- 1 cup almonds
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup dried blueberries or 1 cup dried cherries
- In a large roasting pan mix Chex, Life, pretzels, and almonds.
- In a sauce pan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until boils. Allow to continue boiling without stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture, stir gently to coat.
- Bake at 300°F for 15 minutes, stir mixture and bake for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit. Spread on a large piece of buttered foil to cool. Break into pieces and enjoy.