Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a recipe with lots of taste and very little fuss. From the food and wine paring cookbook "A Matter of Taste" by Lucy Waverman and James Chatto. Use premium quality ice cream for the best results.
- 2 cups premium vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon white sambuca (or Pernod)
- 1⁄4 cup black licorice, finely chopped
- Let the ice cream sit for 30 minutes at room temperature in order to soften.
- Combine the softened ice cream with the Sambucaa (or Pernod) and the chopped licorice candy. Mix well.
- Refreeze for at least 4 hours.
Yummy, quick and easy, using ready made vanilla ice cream. 3 ingredient wonder!
I adore licorice ice cream but can't find it where I live but this is a yummy replacement. It does melt easy from the alcohol.Will make again. Made for PAC spring 2009