Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
also can be made with nuts
Make and share this Licorice Cookie Strips recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 10 portions; shape each into a 12 inch log.
- Place 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a fork to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes; cut diagonally into 1 inch slices.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
These are very nice, crunchy spicy cookies. They are quite sweet, but afterall, they are cookies. I made half a batch in my food processor, then shaped them with a cookie press. So, they were easy to make, too. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us. I know where to look now when I next need a licorice fix.