Recipe by Jennygal
From the 1967 Pillsbury Bake-off.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Really enjoyed this bread. I did have to make some changes to suit our tastes. Used 1/2 butter and an extra tbsp. of lemonade in the batter plus grated rind of 1 lemon. We like a tangy lemon flavor. Also used the creaming method because of texture. So glad you posted this basic recipe because prefer it to the usual lemon bread. Thanks .
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350º. Grease 5x5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl beat all ingredients except the 1/3 cup lemonade with mixer on low for 30 seconds. Beat 3 minutes at med speed. Pour into pan.
- Bake 50-60 min or done. Loosen bread from edges of pan. Pour lemonade over bread and cool in pan for 15 min, then remove from pan.