- 1 1⁄2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; stir with spoon or wire whisk just until batter is smooth and ingredients are well blended.
- Pour into greased and floured 9-inch layer pan or 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan; frost as desired.