Recipe by Geri by the Sea
My partner Emmett and I were travelling in Florida and found these delicacies at a roadside stand. We were instantly hooked, and when we came home we set about to making our own. Emmett perfected the recipe the other week, and here it is.
Top Review by Random Rachel
Wonderful recipe ! I recommend. (P. S. Maybe its just me but if you don't like boiled peanuts, don't make them, and dog a fine recipe because you don't care for boiled peanuts anyway!)
- 1 -2 lb peanuts (in their shells)
- 2 -3 tablespoons salt
- 10 dashes red peppers
- 1 dash garlic
- 1 dash soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a crockpot, put about 2 quarts of water and add the peanuts (in their shells) such that the water just barely covers the peanuts.
- Add 2-3 tbs salt and 10 dashes of red pepper (more if you like spice) and a dash each (optional) of garlic and soy sauce.
- Let it all simmer for 24 hours, adding more water when the level gets lower, every so often.
- The idea is to get the peanuts really soft inside the shells.
- When ready, serve hot, with an empty bowl nearby for the empty shells.